Welcome to the Diocese of Ezo
|Rt.Rev. John Kereboro Zawo
Ezo Diocese is one of the Dioceses in the Province of the Episcopal Church of the Sudan. It was an Archdeaconry under the great Diocese of Yambio with only six parishes. In 1995 it was declared that it would become a Diocese. This was during the time of the Sudan's long civil war which lasted for 21 years. In 1999 the Diocese was officially inaugurated during the enthronement of Rt. Rev. Benjamin Rauti who became its first bishop.
In 2007, Rt. Rev. Benjamin retired and a new bishop, the Rt. Rev. John Kereboro Zawo, was elected and enthroned.
Ezo Diocese covers the administrative districts of Ezo, Tambura and Nagero. It covers an area of 1500 square miles and has a population of 1.5 million according the 2008 projected census.The Diocese borders the Democratic Republic of Congo to the south, the Central African Republic to the west, Bahr El Ghazal State to the north and Yambio district to the East. It is comprised of 3 Archdeaconries, 6 Deaconries, 21 parishes and 15 small centres.
Most parts of the Diocese have an equatorial type of climate. The area is highly fertile with heavy rainfall throughout the year.
If you have queries - or can supply news or information for the Diocese of Ezo, or have suitable photos for the website, please contact the Ezo diocese Webkeeper.
Unfortunately, most of the images and stored files from this site have been misplaced.
We'll try to get them back as soon as we can.